Protect Your Business, Your Data & Your Financial Assets
First Security State Bank works to provide a safe and secure place for you to do business, but you are our vital partner in protecting your assets. No matter how large or small your organization, the possibility exists that you could be a target.
Best Practices and Fraud Prevention
Protecting the security of your business bank accounts and your personal information is, and will always be, a priority for First Security State Bank. We value your relationship and want to help you reduce your risk for fraud. Along with First Security State Bank’s internal security measures, there are steps you can take to keep your electronic banking activity safe and your data private.
Business Best Practices and Fraud Prevention Checklist
8 Tips For Banking Online Safely
Protect Your Device
- Keep your phone or tablet’s operating system, software, and apps up to date; be sure to go to the company’s website to confirm the update is legitimate.
- Set up a password for your device and lock it when not in use.
- Do not install or run any app or program on your device unless it is from a trusted source.
Protect Your Access
- Be careful using public Wi-Fi, as even reputable hotspots can be compromised.
- Install and regularly update anti-virus software on your desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone.
Protect Your Information
- Always log out when finished using your First Security State Bank banking service.
- Never store personal information, including passwords, on your device or computer.
- Don’t click on links in spam e-mails, even those forwarded by someone you know.
- Monitor your financial statements regularly for unexplained activity and promptly dispute any activity that looks suspicious.
- Periodically check your credit report to make sure all your personal information is accurate.
- Sign up for account activity alerts through internet banking and First Security State Bank will notify you when certain account transactions occur.